The other day Lex asked if we could make birthday cookies for my birthday. Hmm… OK! We are making cake tomorrow to share with Julie (her birthday is Monday and we like to celebrate together), so I thought cookies today would be perfect. Apparently by “birthday cookies” Lex meant Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookies. Yum! I found a good recipe on Allrecipes.com and whipped up some cookies while Eve napped and Lex was at school. I forgot how quick it is to bake without interruptions :)
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2/3 cup cocoa powder
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
* In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
* Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
* Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
* Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. (I used a small cookie scoop and they are the perfect size!)
* Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a 350° preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.