Life is busy. So much for the lazy days of summer! I’m working on:
- Getting our house ready to sell. Suddenly, out of nowhere, we have four showings and one of them has already made an offer! I have spent the past few days cleaning, straightening, taking things down, filling holes, painting, sweeping, etc. Our house is looking spic and span and sparse!
- Coordinating contractors. The upstairs bathtub started leaking, through the floor and through the bedroom ceiling! A project which wasn’t on any list suddenly jumped right to the top! We have a contractor here now who is doing the work, very well, but very slowly! I’m also trying to line up someone to hang drywall and someone to fix our bulkhead door.
- Keeping up with the new house. They are behind schedule (of course!) because of all this dang rainy weather we’ve been having! The foundation is pour and at this point they are planning to start framing on Monday. They are also hoping to pour the garage and pour concrete on Monday. We have been eagerly awaiting that so we can try to put hand prints in fresh cement on the porch. I started a shared Google album where I’m putting pictures of the house project. I’d like to make it into a book when it’s all done. Feel free to check it out. I’ll add photos as the house is built.
- Finishing up my two grad courses. I have a project a week due and a big one due on Sunday. I worked hard to get ahead of the assignments before leaving for California, but then was behind by the time I got back. One more week and all the assignments will be due and done! Then I get a break before the next round of courses start. :)
- Inventorying the library collection. I got approval for summer work to conduct a full inventory of the library, which hasn’t been done in over ten years! That was great news, however now I’m trying to get those hours in before heading to Franklin next week. By the time I get back from Franklin they will cleaning the carpets in the school and very shortly after that we will be back at work! Where is my summer going?!?
- I was trying to make a Snapfish book about our vacation because they had a great promotion running, but I missed that deadline so now I have a half finished book. I’ll try to finish it soon so it’s ready for the next time they are running a special. Also, this blog. :) I think I’m a few blog posts behind.
- Ferrying kids back and forth to camp this week. Ignoring the dog. Ignoring all my healthy eating and exercise efforts.
Last week I got last minute tickets to see Beauty and the Beast, but put on by the theater company who is running Eve’s theater camp. I took Eve and one of her classmates. We had a great time! It was a fun little break from the busy chaos.
Also, Lex loves the cat. I love Lex.
And my fish at school had babies! Surprise! I was there doing inventory and a summer school teacher (they are using the library) came over and asked if the fish were mine. Umm… who else’s would they be?! He said, “Did you know you have babies in the tank?” Ummmm… nope! I had five cichlids, one died (or was killed by the others) and the others are two mating pairs. Surprise! I didn’t even know the females were pregnant. I don’t even know which ones are females!! (You’d think as a librarian I would figure these things out, but really, who has time for that?!?) So now there are lots of little babies swimming around. I hope one or two survive to adulthood. :)