- We are closing on our new house next Friday (Friday the 13th, to be precise!)
We have a lot of mirrors in the master bath vanity!
- Everything is coming along swimmingly!
We were here for awhile, making faces in the mirrors. :)
- We hope to get all the moving done in one weekend. Alan says one day, but I can’t even imagine that. :)
I”m sure she’ll be super helpful!
- Lego League is going a bit better. We have divided up into three teams, so the chaos is more manageable. I have a bad habit of finding myself in charge of things, so I’m pretty much in charge of the Upper Valley First Lego League team.
- School is good. No, school is great! I don’t always love going (so much to do at home!), but I always love being there.
- I’m in the middle of two grad courses. One boring and the other super boring! I posted a minor vent on a closed Facebook group for librarians about my cataloging course and got over 100 replies, most all of them completely emphasize, but a handful who admit to absolutely loving cataloging. It takes all sorts, I suppose. Glad someone likes doing that stuff and I’m double glad I won’t have to do much of it after completing the program! :)
- The kids have both had growth spurts and now have a whole lot of ankle showing. ‘Tis the season, I suppose. Probably should do some cold weather shopping soon, before the cold weather really hits!
- I started a Battle of the Books program at school. It’s for 4th and 5th graders and will take us through the end of February. The kids were luke warm at first and I was getting nervous, but last week they got to pick their books and we officially kicked off the project and they were SO EXCITED! I loved it! It made me feel 100% more confident about the idea and I know it’s going to be fun!
The brackets are up!
- I finished making the growth chart I’ve been thinking about for 10 years. It came out really great. I’m happy with it and now we can officially move.
Growth chart ruler
- I am running my first book fair at school in three weeks. I feel wholly unprepared for it! The kids at school are very excited and definitely missed it last year.
- PTO is organizing a Color-A-Thon again this year. It’s supposed to be bigger and better than last year. I’m the VP of the PTO and should be helping with this effort. I’m not. I do plan to show up for the event. I hope that’s sufficient for this year.
- We got flu shots last weekend. Did you see the photo? Lex was worried, of course, but didn’t protest too much. He held my hands and cried a little, but he got himself there, talked himself through the whole thing, and didn’t end up no the floor even once. Eve smiled for a photo at the end! I think my babies are growing up!!
Alan says, “Flu shots for a happy family and healthy community.”
- Eve is playing field hockey this fall and loving it! She has practices three times a week and one or two games each week (sometimes a game replaces a practice).
- Lex is belt testing next week for his purple belt. He’s had the green one so long that the threads are coming out! He said it’s time to retire the green belt. We missed a few tests over the summer, so he hasn’t tested in many months.
- Monday is in-service for me and no school for the kids. I decided to sign them up for a rec sponsored trip to Jay Peak, a super cool (or so I’ve heard) indoor water park that’s two hours away! We have talked about going for years, but never made it. The kids are thrilled that I’m letting them go. I’m nervous about the distance, but I had a nice email exchange with the parks department director and the details he provided greatly reassured me. I still don’t love them being that far away without me (am I weird?) but I know they’ll have a great time and ya know, Alan and I have to work, so it’s a pretty good deal.
- Alan is super busy at work, with town stuff, and, of course, taking care of all the important yet boring parts of this house process, like researching lights and keeping the finances moving forward. He has been the detail man on this project and has done a wonderful job keeping it all on track. I just show up with cookies and a camera when the mood strikes!